HID's iCLASS® Clamshell smart card provides 13.56 MHz read/write contactless smart card technology with mutual authentication in a cost-effective card package, with an ABS shell construction that provides durability in harsh environments. iCLASS smart card technology was specifically designed to make access control more powerful, more versatile, and more secure when compared with legacy 125 kHz frequency technologies.
- 13.56 MHz read/write contactless smart card technology provides high-speed, reliable communications and powerful access control.
- Provides a cost effective pathway to electronic access control.
- Available in 2k bit (256 Byte), two application area configuration only.
- Provides the HID standard access control application area and one other application area for user customization.
- Sturdy ABS shell construction that provides superior protection in harsh environments.
- Slot-punched - simply attach to a lanyard with ease for swift deployment, no plastic cardholders needed.
- Any existing HID format can be factory or field programmed into the HID access control application area.
- Meets ISO 15693 standard for contactless smart card communications.