Brand: Honeywell Vista
Item Number: 5800PIR-OD
The 5800PIR-OD is a AA lithium battery powered wireless outdoor motion detector intended for use with Honeywell alarm systems that support 5800 Series wireless devices. The 5800PIR-OD is an ideal solution for outdoor sensing needs in difficult to wire locations— avoiding the costs and time to trench hardwired solutions. It’s perfect for both residential (activity monitors, e-mail alerts, turning on video cameras) and commercial (protecting copper theft, utility and electrical substations, cellular sites, commercial buildings, car lots and more) applications.
The 5800PIR-OD consists of two passive infrared (PIR) sensors that must both be tripped to declare an alarm, providing immunity to false alarm sources, pets and other animals. These sensors can be adjusted to alter the detection range. The transmitter can send alarm, tamper and low battery condition messages to the alarm panel.
- Discriminates both large and small animals to reduce false alarms
- Adjustable range patterns from 7' up to 40'. The 90º pattern can also be adjusted throughout a 180º field of view by simply swiveling the housing.
- Battery saving feature allows you to select five seconds of inactivity (for higher security requirements or where up-to-date information is critical) or 120 seconds of inactivity after alarm (for initial notification)
- Immune to bright lights from head lamps, sunlight and other light sources that typically generate false detections
- Full Supervision – The 5800PIR-OD is fully supervised to monitor for low battery, case tamper and trouble conditions
- Versatile Mounting – Whether you choose to affix the detector to a wall or a fence post, mounting is simple with the enclosed hardware
- Tamper Protection – The detector has a built-in tamper switch that can communicate back to the control panel in the event it is removed from the wall