Brand: Honeywell Vista
Alarms and Automation
Item Number: 5800SS1
Honeywell's 5800SS1 Wireless Shock Sensor has been designed to mount directly on the glass surface and offers excellent protection for all glass types—including plate, tempered, laminated and wired.
The compact, versatile detector provides outstanding false alarm immunity.
Effective in acoustically hard areas such as kitchens, bathrooms, skylights and occupied areas
Mounts directly to glass surfaces with 3M™ adhesive tape
Mounts quickly and easily without having to remove the cover
Protects all types of glass
No adjustments required
Quick and easy installation–simply pull the battery tab to enroll the transmitter, peel the ad
1. The 5800SS1 serial number must be enrolled into the control panel prior to usage in the system. To activate the transmitter, remove the "PULL TO CONNECT BATTERY" tab (see Figure 1 ). For additional transmissions, lightly tap on the base of the sensor.
2. Determine the optimum mounting location. The sensor should be mounted one inch from the comer edge of the window frame (see Figure 2).
3. Mount to glass by removing the 3MTM tape backing paper and firmly pressing the sensor in the desired mounting location as shown.
4. To verify operation, tap the furthest opposite corner of the glass with a screwdriver handle.
5. Positive verification ensures detection. The energy required to break the glass is significantly greater.